Thursday, May 21, 2009

Scotland 2009


To say we had a great trip, is an understatement! I'm not even sure where to begin...I'll start with Hazel. SHE IS A ROCK STAR!!! I can't even believe how great she did. She traveled brilliantly and she didn't have much jet leg there and so far she hasn't had much here either. (She slept all night last night, without a feeding)! She blows my mind. She was so great there.

Airplane Bassinet

Kellie finally got to meet Hazel. It was love at first sight!


The trip was totally different than our other trips there, both because we had a child, and because they had a car this time. We didn't take a single train, and we got to see new places.


We brought over a new camera for Brian, so him and Dan had fun taking pictures, while Kellie, Hazel, Owen and I would walk and talk and wait for them to catch up.


We went to Saint Andrews for the first time. The weather wasn't good, but the rain held off for a bit.


We had so much fun with the kids. They were excited to meet Hazel too.


We got to see Andy and Julie quite a bit, and we got to meet little Miss Mollie, (Hazel's best friend).



All in all, totally worth traveling with a 4 month old. We had such a wonderful time and we just love them all so dearly. We've felt a bit empty since being home and already miss them so much. We've been blessed to be able to go out there every year for the past few years. And Brian and Kellie will be home at Christmas, which is only 6 months away. I know there's so much more to say, but I'm still processing the whole trip.




I'll leave you with two of Hazel's new facial expressions:

3 comments:

Bridget Beth said...

I love love love all these pictures, Sarah! Everyone looks so wonderful and happy. And that countryside is so green! I love that little Hazel so much, and I'm not surprised at all that she did so well for you :)

J Yo said...

Cute pictures!! Glad you had such a good time and I'm so glad Hazel traveled well...that is a BLESSING! :)

Susie said...

So glad that you all had a great time and that Hazel did well on the trip! What wonderful answers to prayer. We miss you all! Hope to see you very soon!