Monday, June 22, 2009

Grandma's Are Magical

My mom was in town from Wednesday - Sunday. It was so fantastic to have her here. She's so great with Hazel, and it's nice to get a wee break myself.


On Thursday we ran some errands and just hung out and caught up.


On Friday we went to the Seattle Children's Museum with Pete and Sarah, Stephanie, Grant, Lexi, Shea and Jordyn. And that night we had dinner at Grandma Irwin's with everyone.


Saturday we all went to a wedding, and then Dan and I left Hazel with Grandma while we went to another wedding. It was so fun to get out and dance the night away!


Sunday was Dan's first Father's Day as a dad. We had blueberry pancakes with bacon and Starbucks Americanos. Then we dropped mom off at the airport and headed to my Dad's for a quick swim with Pete and Sarah. Dan got a Red Mill Burger for dinner and we headed home. Are these two not the CUTEST pair you've ever seen!


I love having my mom here, but it's always sad when she has to leave. Selfishly, my life would be so much easier if she was here! I could drop off Hazie for doctor appointments, haircuts, and date nights. Plus, she's so motivated that I'm sure my house would be painted by now, and more things hung on the walls. But alas, at least we get to see her as often as we do!

4 comments:

Dan said...

Best Father's Day ever! ;) get it?

Bridget Beth said...

I love all the pictures! Hazel is so adorable! And I love how you said "wee" like you've been in Scotland :)

Happy late Father's Day Dan!

e said...

daddy & daughter brings a tear to my eye. love you all so much.

Susie said...

Yay! Looks like lots of fun all around! You know...Aunties make pretty good babysitters - or so I have been told! :)