Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Favorites #1: allrecipes.com

Everyone has things they love: products, foods, books, etc. I don't always have something interesting to blog about, but I can always pass along something I love. Take it or leave it. Consider it a free product review from me!

This weeks favorite: allrecipes.com


I love this site! I use it all the time. It's perfect for coming up with something for dinner when you have no idea what to make or if you're trying to find a recipe that has a specific ingredient in it. Two of the features that make it, in my opinion, the best recipe site are the Ingredient Search, and the Reviews.

The Ingredient Search, lets you look for something with specific ingredients either in it or not in it. For example, if you're looking for a pasta that had shrimp in it but not peppers, or something like that. The Reviews help tweak a recipe to perfection. Basically everyone will review it and give advice on cooking technique, or adding more or less of something, to let you know how to make it best.

I've made dozens and dozens of recipes from this site. Here are a few of my favs if you're interested:

Peach-a-Berry Pie

Chocolate Cavity Maker Cake
- with the Satiny Chocolate Glaze










Moist, tender Spice Cake: Gingerbread Variation
- with the Cream Cheese Frosting II

Dilly Chicken Sandwiches








Nana's Acorn Squash

And last night I made Marinated Grilled Shrimp (submitted by BLONDIEPEREZ) and Cheese Fondue (submitted by Sheila). Both were absolutely fantastic!!!








*all pictures are from the allrecipes.com site, except the one of the chocolate cake. Dan took that one!



2 comments:

Susie said...

I think I have had that cake - YUMMY!

I use that site as well - I will never ever buy canned sloppy joe mix again!

e said...

Shrimp without peppers sounds good to me.
Is that my birthday cake?
And I can attest to the deliciousness of the cheese fondue.
I love you Sarah!!