Wednesday, October 15, 2008

No News is Good News?

I really have nothing blog-worthy to write about...So here's a hodgepodge of what I've been up to.

I'm loving the fall, (although, I can't believe October is already half over)! I love the cold days with the bright sunshine. I love the leaves and all their colors. I love the food: soups, squash, gingerbread cakes, and cocoa. I actually pulled out my wool coat today cause it's so cold! (Luckily it still fits over my belly)! I'm also enjoying my scarves!


The first half of the month was filled with good times! We celebrated Oktoberfest
at Haley and Ben's with Cheese Fondue, Sausages, Beer (not for me), and Pumpkin muffins. We had delicious homemade pizza at Steve & Kira's and played games all evening. I got a haircut, nothing drastic, just more layers. And thanks to netflix, we watched a BBC documentary called Galapagos: The Island That Changed the World, which was quite good!

Last weekend we had a wonderful brunch with Jeremy & Deena, and Beau & Bridget, and their wonderful kids! It was so nice to sit around the table chatting and munching on food for like 2 hours! We also registered at Babies R Us,which wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be! I was sick on Sunday, but it was still a nice weekend with some good R&R.

This weekend is full of fun plans. Friday night we're having dinner at our good friends Jon and Kirsten's place, with their two kids. On Saturday we're going to Dan's 10 Year High School Reunion! Luckily it's casual attire, so I can come up with something to wear! And then on Sunday we're celebrating our dear friend Erin's birthday! I'll take pictures of the reunion and celebration and post them Monday!


I got a call this afternoon saying our crib is in!!! It was supposed to be on back order until October 30th, so I wasn't expecting it until later in November. Hopefully we'll pick it up on Saturday. Then in November we can start to set up the nursery, which will be quite a task! We have to remove shelving, patch and paint the walls, and built the crib and dresser. Not to mention, punching a hole in the wall and adding an outlet! 11 weeks until baby girl is due so we should have the time to get it all done!

And that's been my October! Like I said, nothing too interesting to read about, but I've been having tons of fun!

*and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY shout out to my Mom! (Her birthday is tomorrow, October 16th)! I love you mom and hope you have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

Bridget Beth said...

I had so much fun with you guys tonight!

And I'm so happy that I now have your blog in my links. I will definitely never miss another post!