Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Favorites #5: Lakeside Bible Camp

My favorite place on earth...Lakeside Bible Camp! Although I don't go there like I used to, I just love this place. We try to make it up at least once a summer by attending a Salmon Bake. It's funny, but most of our current friends are from camp, (not high school or college, but camp)! It also happens to be the place where Dan and I met!

Salmon Bake 2005
I love that my mom grew up going there and was friends with the parents of people I grew up going to camp with, (Rod Hanson, Dave Spiro, & Pete Matthews, to name a few). And I love the idea that my children will have the same experience. (For example this year, as far as girls go, our daughter will go to camp with Josée Leffel, baby girl Frost, Rosie McSharry, and many others).

Family Camp 2006
I grew up going to family camp every summer, and then when I was old enough I went to any and all other weeks I could attend. It was so much a part of my life and my families lives, and I love that it means just as much to Dan and his family too. My Grandma Irwin was the first camp nurse, my mom did staff, Dan's dad was the director for Senior Boys for like 15-20 years, and now his oldest brother Kevin does it. It's just such a wonderful place full of so many memories. I can't wait to start going to family camp with our kids!

Family Camp 2006

2 comments:

Kara said...

I love LBC too! Maybe Baby Roundhill will meet her husband there too.

anne said...

I got nothin' but love for LBC...it's where Ben and I met too! :)

It's also the place that brought us together. Some of my closest friends come from camp as well (i.e. Kara).

Good times.