Saturday, November 29, 2008

The Nursery

Over the past month Dan (with minimal help from me) has been working on transforming our walk-in closet into a beautiful nursery. All we have left are a few decorative touches, shelves, pictures, etc., but other than that, it's basically done!

Before
After
Everything in between

What all took place, and honorable mentions: Dan and I tore down the shelving, I filled the holes and textured the walls, Dan and My Dad installed an outlet, Dan painted, Dan installed a chandelier, Dan built the crib, I made up the crib (thank you Anne for the sheet, Mom I. for the quilt, and Mary Jensen and Kellie for the crib-skirt), Dan built the dresser, (thank you Mom R. for the changing pad and cover), I sorted clothes (thank you Sarah and Erin E. for all the hand-me-downs, and many others for all the cute new outfits), Dan arranged all the furniture, and I organized toys, (thank you Marta for the mouse/Impala and Miss Rumphius, and Erin H. for Little Miss Helpful), I made dinner, Dan and I feasted (thank you Kara for the wine).

To celebrate completion, and thank him for all his hard work, I made a FEAST last night for dinner: Crab, Cheesy Potatoes, Coconut Shrimp, and Caprese Salad. And for Dessert we shared a slice of Tiramisu and Chocolate Mousse Cake! It was so delicious!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will do anything for a tasty crab dinner! :D

Our growing family said...

love it! i love how you have just made things work with what the Lord has given you! we do alot of that around here...and it's fun!

arabelle marie said...

Congratulations on the baby! I didn't even know you were pregnant. I'm really happy for you both. We love you guys.

Marta said...

So cute! I can't wait to see it in person! I love the before and after, it's like a great home makeover show without an annoying host. Yahoo!