Monday, February 2, 2009

Favorites #7 & #8: Yogurt Parfait & Yami Yogurt

One of the first things I ate after having Hazel (so I hadn't eaten for almost 24 hours) was a Yogurt Parfait. It was Fantastic! I had at least 3 more in the following 36 hours at the hospital. I was addicted. So for the last four weeks I've made myself a Yogurt Parfait for breakfast every morning. It consists of Vanilla Yami Yogurt, berries (usually of the blue variety), and granola.


It has to be Yami Yogurt...Yami is my all time favorite brand of Yogurt. It's a local, Northwest yogurt, and it's the perfect blend of Sweet and Tangy! You have to get the larger 32oz container, cause the small ones have the fruit at the bottom that you have to stir in, which I don't like. It's not sold everywhere, but I've found that QFC carries it, as well as Smith Brothers, and Edaleen's Dairy in Lynden, WA.


And I leave you with a favorite parfait movie quote from Shrek:
Shrek: Ogres are like onions.
Donkey: They stink?
S: Yes. No!
D: Oh, they make you cry.
S: No.
D: Oh, you leave em out in the sun, they get all brown, start sproutin' little white hairs.
S: NO. Layers! Onions have layers. Ogres have layers. You get it? We both have layers.
D: Oh, you both have layers. Oh. You know, not everybody likes onions...You know what else everybody likes? Parfaits! Have you ever met a person, you say, "Let's get some parfait," they say, "Hell no, I don't like no parfait?" Parfaits are delicious.

1 comment:

deena said...

when i had my wisdom teeth out all i ate was mashed potatoes and yami vanilla. my favorite forever! :)