Monday, August 3, 2009

Last Week and Today!

I haven't blogged in awhile cause it's been too hot to sit at the computer, but Hazel and I survived the heat last week. Our rooms are downstairs, which is soooooo nice, so with a fan, the nights weren't bad at all. After Hazel's morning naps we'd just head out and leave for some place with AC, usually Gymboree. But on Tuesday, sweet Bridget and her lovely mother Jody let us come to their refreshingly cool house to swim and have dinner. It was such a blessing to be out of the heat and with friends!

Finn kissing Hazel

We finally opened Hazel's Maclaren Stroller. She loved it! We put her in it in the house and she went nuts, kicking and smiling!


On Saturday we headed down to Portland for an American/Scottish wedding. (The bride is American, the groom is a friend from Scotland). It had kilts and bagpipes, but other than that I think it was pretty American.

(pictures taken from facebook)

Today is our 7th Wedding Anniversary! I've been so blessed to be married to my best friend and such a kindhearted loving man! Dan took the day off and we're headed out to a movie (I haven't been to the theater in 7 months) and then off to the Matador in Redmond for dinner! I could go on and on about how wonderful Dan is...but I think Ethan and Emma described him quite well last summer.

They have to be touching him at all times

When Brian and Kellie asked them why they loved Dan so much (and let me tell you, they LOVE him), they replied, "Because he never gets mad!" Later they asked me if he ever got angry, and I had to say, "No, not really." It's so true, he's such a loving husband, friend, uncle, and man of God, and I love him dearly!

Picture from our Trip in Scotland, hence the green pasture of sheep

2 comments:

e said...

delightful post, dear friend. words can't describe how much i love you!!

Me... said...

congrats on seven years :) how exciting!