Monday, July 13, 2009

Good Week, Good Weekend

Dan and I had a great week and weekend. On Wednesday we had a date night and dropped Hazel off at Grandpa Dale and Nana's. We went to Ray's Cafe for a delicious dinner of Clam Chowder, Crab and Shrimp Cakes for Dan, and Linguine with Clams for me. It was so delicious. Then we headed to Cupcake Royale for some coffee and chocolate cupcakes. (Triple Threat for Dan and Peppermint Party for me)! We had such a fantastic time just being together and looking back on the past 6 months.

Then the weekend came. Friday night my brother Peter and his wife Sarah and their kiddos, Stephanie, Grant, and Lexi came over for dinner and games. We taught them Bohnanza and they liked! (But really, I've never met a soul who didn't like this game).


Saturday we had a chill morning, and then headed out to my cousin Jessie's wedding in Edmonds that afternoon. It was a gorgeous day on the water.


Then we went to Bridget's art Debut, also in Edmonds, for a quick pop in. However, we ended up staying for a hour and a half. We had a delightful time chatting with Beau and Bridget, but this delay our schedule, making us miss a BBQ we were supposed to attend in Seattle, (so sorry Marta). Our drive home was lovely, the setting sun was absolutely spectacular.

On Sunday, Pete and Sarah came over again for Lunch and games. This time we added Ticket to Ride to the mix. I can't say it enough, I love hanging out with my brothers and their families. They are so dear to me.


This is Hazel's weekly bear shot...I love how she's holding bear's hand! And the cute outfit is from our dear friends Andy & Julie in Scotland!

5 comments:

Bridget Beth said...

That's my favorite bear picture yet!

e said...

how can i miss you so much?!
...but i do.

Valerie said...

Hi, I blog surfed over for Christie C's blog.

This is so strange, I also ate at Rays and Cupcake Royale this last week (on Friday) and just gave a friend Bohnanza as a birthday present. I guess we both like the good things in life!!

lightening1 said...

You must take me to the cupcake place next time I am home. please.

Susie said...

That little blue outfit is adorable -- mostly because Hazel is wearing it and she is just too cute!