Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Happy Birthday Sweet Girl

Yesterday was Hazel's first Birthday! I sang her "happy birthday" all day long and she loved it. We had a fun day full of firsts: ice cream, milk, honey, strawberries, and being called a toddler according to babycenter.com!

We went to Gymboree in the afternoon to play and see Auntie Erin.

Then after dinner, we headed to Seattle to go to Molly Moon's for Ice Cream with friends. It was Hazel's first ice cream, and she loved it! She had Strawberry, I had Honey Lavender, and Dan had a Cinnamon ice cream milkshake.


We felt so blessed to celebrate with friends. The fact that they would want to drive to downtown Seattle, during traffic, and try to find parking, just to have ice cream with our Hazel Mae, warmed our hearts!


As I was looking up the popularity of Hazel's name yesterday, I found a new meaning for it that I LOVED! The definition most places give is from the English origin meaning, hazel tree, or nut bearing tree, etc. But I stumbled upon this one: "Alternatively, the name can also be derived from the Hebrew hazā'ēl (God sees)." LOVE IT! (found on this site)

We love you dearly Hazel, Happy Birthday sweet girl!

1 comment:

Dan said...

I think she would have eaten ice cream forever!