Monday, December 22, 2008

Let it Snow!

Well, we're snowed in like everyone else in Seattle! I love snow days! Dan worked from home last Thursday and again today. I love having him here, even if he is working. Saturday we ventured out to Safeway to stock up before the next round came. EVERYONE else had the same idea; I've never seen the lines so long. It started snowing when we got there, and by the time we had left our car had a light covering. We've been locked in ever since. And I think I've started to go a little stir crazy. I'm just so thankful that we didn't lose our power!

Starbucks Outing # 1: Espresso Truffle and Chai Tea Latte

I'm playing it over safe, not wanting to venture out in fear of getting stuck in the car and going into labor! So we've been home, watched all our netflix, walked down to our Starbucks twice to get out of the house, played card games and board games, played video games and read...And then I went crazy! Last night I had a laughing attack for about 20 minutes, about Nothing! And today, I had the hardest time getting motivated to shower! But relief is on the way! Mom and Dad are going to rescue us this evening! They're gonna come pick us up in there SUV and drive us to Bellevue for dinner! HURRAY!

Starbucks Outing #2: Americano with Room and 2 pump Chai Tea Latte

BABY UPDATE: I was supposed to go to the doctor today, but the snow closed up shop, and now she's gone until Friday! I'm 39 weeks pregnant! I'm due next TUESDAY! I just can't believe it! Last week was good - very few leg spasms, and minimal back pain. The last couple days, baby girl has been trying to make more room for herself. It's so tight in there, and she's kicking and punching my insides to stretch it bigger! Since the snow came I keep telling her, "stay inside where it's warm and safe," which is completely different from the week before when I kept telling her, "Get out! Get out! Get out!"

2 comments:

lightening1 said...

Wish we were there for your White Christmas! We are so excited to hear about the baby!!! Looking forward to our next chat. Hang in there! Love you, Kellie

Susie said...

So glad baby is staying warm & safe! See you soon!