Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The Last 5 Days


Two weeks ago we had the Leffels over for dinner and Wii, and Jeremy asked me, "What are you most excited about for the holidays?" I immediately replied, "Spending time with my brothers and their families."

It's probably my most favorite thing in all the world; to spend time with Brian, Kellie, Peter, Sarah and Dan, and all the kids: Ethan, Stephanie, Emma, Grant, Owen, Lexie, Hazel and Eden! But to add to all that Christmas traditions and Holiday fun, it's utter perfection!

It all started last Saturday at 3:30pm! Everyone, including my Dad and Ann, came over for dinner, then we headed to the Bellevue Botanical Gardens for their lights! It was misty wet out, but still quite fun.


Then on Sunday we all met up in Downtown Seattle, which we grew up doing every year as kids. My Aunt Dona and Uncle Kim were there too, as well as my cousin Erin and her daughter Jordyn. Pike Place, Hum Bow, Original Starbucks, Seattle Center...We tried to go to the Sheraton Hotel to see the Gingerbread Houses, but the line was too long. After that, we all headed to Romio's for Pizza!


Then Brian and Kellie came to stay with us Monday and Tuesday night. Monday was relaxing and fun. Kellie made cookies, the boys played Wii, and we all just hung out. That night, my Dad and Ann came to watch all the kids and Brian, Kellie, Dan and I went to Jak's for dinner and then Trophy Cupcake for dessert! It was so delicious and so much fun. (The pictures are on Brian's camera, so I'll have to upload them later).


On Tuesday, Erin Hanson came over in the morning and stayed through lunch. Pete and Sarah came over for lunch, and stayed until kid-bedtime. It was the perfect day...We had tuna melts for lunch, we all took a walk to the park, the kids played hours and hours of Wii, Bohnanza was played, Emma and Stephanie made snowflake decorations, we had Macaroni Rosa for dinner and Pete got Cheese Cake and Lemon Meringue Pie for dessert. Then after the kids went down and everyone went home (except Brian and Kellie) we sipped some wine and watched TV. Then Andrew and Stephanie Platter came over for a bit to reminisce and laugh. All in all, one of the most perfect days. I love family, and I love having my house full of people, I especially love feeding people, and I love long walks where you chat as you walk along. It was a perfect day!



Brian and Kellie left this morning and Dan and I went grocery shopping to restock the house for Christmas Morning Brunch, when they all come back over for food, gifts, and fun! I LOVE my family, I LOVE Christmas time, I LOVE eating meals together, and I LOVE Jesus Christ! GREAT GREAT WEEK! My heart feels so full.

2 comments:

arabelle marie said...

Merry Christmas! I'm so glad you could spend time with your family and friends.

e said...

wish i could have stayed longer that day!! seeing everyone was BRILLIANT. love you all so much.