Sunday, November 8, 2009

Sadie Update

Well, it's been a horrible weekend! I don't even know where to start. The doctors still think that Sadie has Old dog Vestibular disease, which is the equilibrium thing. She has no function of the left side of her body, or both back legs. Saturday she was able to sit up, and today's improvement was that she could eat solids. So we brought her home to see if she gets any better over the next 3-5 days. It's just about the saddest thing ever. We had to buy a kennel and pad it for her to be in, and put down pee-pads since she can't walk, stand or go outside. We have to give her fluids via a IV like bag with a needle, twice a day, along with many other meds. It's almost too much for me, but we don't want to/can't pay $250 a day for her to stay at the vet.


It's been an emotional roller coaster all weekend long. Yesterday we were sure we would have to put her down today. Today it's almost unbearable for me to see her in her condition, even though it's considered an improvement. As awful as it sounds, this was my worst case scenario...I would have preferred full recovery, or no recovery and putting her down. This limbo seems so bad, it's miserable to see her in her current state.

Pray for energy and strength for us to care for Sadie, and for a speedy outcome.

2 comments:

Susie said...

Sarah- sorry to hear about this - I can't imagine how difficult it is for you. Praying!!

Bridget Beth said...

This is SO sad! I'm so sorry. I'll be praying for you, too.