Monday, February 15, 2010

Bosom Buddy

My neighbor as a child, is my "Bosom Buddy" to quote Anne of Green Gables, (which we watched together as kids). She moved to Eastern Washington when we were going into 4th grade, but we have remained dear friends over the years. She was a bridesmaid in my wedding and even lived with us 2 years ago for a few months while she started her new job at Children's Hospital in Seattle. Her name? Carrie Pauls, aka: Carebear.

2008
2004

This weekend we went out to her parents house in Colfax, WA and all the "kids" came home for the weekend too. We had such a wonderful time. Janice, Carrie's mom, makes amazing country home cooking, so we literally ate ALL weekend long. We celebrated Jeff's 25th Birthday, played Pictionary-Down-The-Line, Hazel played with Addison, Deanna's 2 year daughter, we ate and laughed and ate some more.

Jeff
Addison and HazelDeannaDaddyMommy
Janice had brought out all of Deanna, Carrie, and Jeff's old toys; the toys I had also played with as a kid. It was so fun to see Hazel playing with them too. She LOVED the mini Pound Puppies, and the Little People.

Does anyone remember Pound Puppies? I had a stuffed animal, and there was a cartoon too. And my oh my, Little People have changed a lot over the years.

They've gone from this (image source):

To this (image source):


Addison got a Barbie Jeep for Christmas so the girls had fun with that in the Church Gym, while the boys played a killer variation of Dodge Ball...as in they almost killed Norm, Carrie's dad.


It was so fun to relax on the farm. Dan and I try to go every year, but we hadn't made it the last three years. I'm so thankful to have such a dear friend and family whom I share so many childhood memories with.

1 comment:

Susie said...

Looks like you all had a great weekend!

Just a side note - my "little people" were made of wood instead of plastic....does that date me or what?! :)