Sunday, February 7, 2010

Wonderful Weekend, and Quite Productive

Last night was delightful! We left Hazel in good hands...


We headed to Jak's all gussied up. We got there at 5pm only to find an hour and a half wait, but we passed the time by chatting, sipping a gin and tonic, and playing games together on the iPhone.


Then came dinner...I've said it a million times, and I'll say it again, I love this restaurant! It was so delicious, as always. I got the blue cheese salad, top sirloin with a side of Gorgonzola cheese sauce, potato pancakes, and an nice glass of red wine to wash it down. Dan has been wanting to try their burger for quite some time. It was rated 3rd best burger in Seattle Magazine. The bun made it stand out, and Dan says the beef was hands down the best he's had in a burger. Then we shared Creme Brulee for dessert!

We exchanged our Valentine's gifts when we got home...I got him Dark Chocolate Covered Strawberries, and he got me Amaretto Truffles! It was a Happy Valentine's Day for sure!


Today we continued our painting quest. The kitchen is now finished. It took forever, with all it's little nooks and crannies. We still have to do the bathroom, perhaps Wednesday night....

Then we went to Church, and headed home to watch our recorded Superbowl. Hazel gets super silly in the evenings before bed. Giggly, fearless, bouncy, and spastic...Tonight was no exception. I stood her up and let go to see if she'd "walk" towards me (which is really more of a lunge/falling motion. Instead she just stood there for like 5 seconds. It was SHOCKING since she's never stood up by herself before. Then as the evening progressed and she got more crazy, she actually took a few steps. What's more amazing is that we caught it on video! Anyways, I'm by no means saying that Hazel is walking now, but she did take her first step last night, stood alone for the first time tonight, and took some more steps this evening. Exciting times ahead!

4 comments:

Dan said...

Super fun times! That kid is going to be walkin' soon :0

Brian Terreson said...

Jak's Burger is the best I've ever had.

See you tomorrow!

Bridget Beth said...

4 things:

I love your hair in those pictures. I say grow it out!

I need to go to Jak's.

Hazel made me laugh out loud.

I love you guys!!

Susie said...

Oh - that last picture of Hazel is too cute for words!!!

Glad you two had a great time getting out for a nice dinner!