Thursday, February 18, 2010

Sunny Day

Dan started his new job on Tuesday, and it's been a fantastic week! He loves the job, and we both love that it's work from home. He probably puts in more hours, but they're flexible hours, so it works really well for us. We get to have breakfast together, which upgraded from cold cereal to eggs, and we get to have little lunch dates (cause Hazel is napping). I was nervous that Hazel would pester him while he worked, but she's done really well at leaving him be...and I have too! I love having him here and I love the flexibility he has. He can break from work and watch Hazel while I make dinner, (which for some reason is the only time of day that Haze is clingy and wants to be held). Yesterday for lunch we ate and watched LOST. Today I got to go shopping while Hazel napped. And this afternoon, which was absolutely GORGEOUS, we went for a little walk in the sun. Seriously, 59 degrees and sunny in February? I'll take it!


This is from yesterday...Hazel and I were going through the ads. Her face just kills me. If you click to enlarge the picture, you can see that she was saying, "ooooooohhhh!" It was super cute.

1 comment:

arabelle marie said...

Hey Sarah!

I think there is something true to babies needing their moms whenever we're cooking. The best distraction I've found is a cooking utensil or a little carrot or something.

I love that Dan gets to be home with you both. That is awesome!

Praying for your family.

Ara