Sunday, October 11, 2009

Last night Dan's Dad was given the Pathfinders Award at the Museum of Flight! The award honors individuals or teams from the pacific Northwest for significant contributions to the aerospace development. John was honored for his work at Boeing from 1965-2002.


It was a black-tie optional event, and so I got to get a new dress! It was so fun to get all glammed up! My friend Lauren Soini makes her own jewelry and she let me borrow a set! You can see some more of her stuff on her website www.ophalenstudios.com. (The necklace I wore is featered on the homepage even).


Here's the whole family: Dan, me, Craig and Rebecca (sister), Dad and Mom, Kevin (brother) and Susie, and Kent (brother) and Ann.


And this picture includes Dan's uncle Barry, his Grandma and Grandpa, and his cousin Elton with his wife Heather.


It was such a special evening honoring Dad and being with the whole family. Plus who doesn't like getting all dolled up once in a while and I think Dan looks so dashing in a suit!


4 comments:

Susie said...

It was so much fun to see everybody spiffed up! I just wish we had been able to visit more with everybody.

Robica said...

i LOVE your dress!

e said...

kudos to john!! what fun. i love your family...both sides. :)

deena said...

hot mama too.